Violet Potter is a registered nurse with over 35 years professional experience. She worked 32 of those years at the Jersey City Medical Center, Jersey City, NJ, and graduated from Rutgers University with a B.S. in nursing in 1980.
Violet has a special interest in caring for children, and providing medical education to people worldwide.
Clinical Research Nurse:
- Recruit patients for CALGB studies
- Monitor the patients for effects and side-effects of medications
- Gather data and report data to CALGB
- Maintain up-to-date records on patients and protocols
- Administer chemo therapy to cancer patients
- Monitor and report side effects
- Hyper transfuse blood and blood products
- Participate in educational outreach programs in the community
- Provide education to the staff and volunteers at the Liberty Women’s Wellness Center
- Assist with clinical care at the Liberty Women’s Wellness Center
- Educate patients at Breast Cancer Support Groups
Sickle Cell Coordinator:
- Visit, care for, refer and order supplies for patients as needed
- Update newsletter and coordinate monthly seminars for patients, doctors and sickle cell centers.
- Visit schools to mentor pre-adolescence about the sickle cell disease.
- Keep statistics for the state of NJ
- Prepare patients for procedure
- Assist doctors during procedure
- Monitor patients after surgery
- Handle traumas as they come in the emergency room
- Emergency care
Med/Surge Head Nurse:
- Manage a 32-bed unit
- Plan the yearly budget for the entire unit
- Prepare schedule for continuous coverage
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Trauma Nurse Course
- Certified in Chemo Therapy
- Certified Emergency Nurse